So I get that the new theme looks a little bland in comparison to the last one, but here’s my reasoning:
1) There’s always ONE thing wrong with every WordPress blog theme that bugs me. They’re too wide and ruin my old posts, they don’t allow a picture up top, they don’t put the name of the blog somewhere that you can see it, they’re TOO stylized, the fonts suck, etc. So far, this is the least evil.
2) I got over fancy designs and such with something I publish a while ago; namely, when I had my penultimate band and I spent a lot of time doing a website and designing logos rather than practicing guitar. I’m grown up now, so I’m focused on the writing over the look.
3) The old theme annoyed me, mostly because of the font. If you’re not going to use a font that costs money, my approach is “stick with Ariel or Times New Roman.” Tried and true, they are.
4) That’s Ben’s hand and foot. And my foot. At Golden Gardens. In 2008. That’s not reasoning.
5) My wife teased me that there was an obvious white background on the posters for my Ten Commandments post, so I’m picking something that’s already got a white background.
6) I might change it again in the next few weeks. We’ll see. I’m still getting the hang of how to use this site.
Thanks for reading my blog. Leave me a comment; it’s lonely.